NXT UK Tag Team Champions Josh Briggs & Brooks Jensen defeated Mark Andrews & Wild Boar to retain their titles (9:05)
Jensen and Boar started with Boar outwrestling the bigger man. Boar and Andrews double-teamed Jensen until he made the tag to Briggs. The champs came back with a suplex into a powerslam on Andrews.
After being worked over for a few minutes, Andrews turned a double-team powerbomb into a Stun Dog Millionaire and tagged in Boar, who ran wild and scored a number of near falls on Briggs. Andrews and Boar hit a dropkick/German suplex combo on Jensen, followed by a frog splash by Boar for a near fall.
Briggs had Andrews up for a long delayed vertical suplex, but Andrews hit another Stun Dog Millionaire. But Andrews missed a Shooting Star Press when Briggs moved. Briggs and Jensen then hit their awkward high/low combination finisher for the win.
The teams shook hands following the match.
– After running in on Trent Seven last week, Tyler Bate was backstage and grabbed a camera. Bate said he had loved Seven like a brother but now he was coming to “get” him.
– There was a press conference with NXT UK Women’s Champion Meiko Satomura and her next challenger Sarray. They spoke in Japanese and Sarray then said in English that she was the sunrise and Satomura was the sunset. Satomura said no one could beat her.
They posed for a photo and Satomura stared at Sarray, which slightly flustered her.
Blair Davenport defeated Amale (5:47)
Amale dropped Davenport early with a double palm strike and head kick, but Davenport avoided a running kick to the corner. Davenport followed up with a slam and beat up Amale at ringside.
Davenport missed a stomp off the turnbuckles and it looked like her previously injured ankle was still causing her issues. She still scored a near fall, but Amale came back with a suplex and face wash in the corner. Amale went for the Hopebreaker, but Davenport countered into a roll-up. Davenport then followed up with a knee to the face and the Falcon Arrow for the pinfall victory.
– Oliver Carter was at Die Familie’s dinner table and did a voiceover with a German accent, just as Teoman usually does. He then switched to his own accent and started upsetting the table decoration. Carter wrote a letter to Die Familie and told them that Rohan Raja was next. Teoman then read the letter and was furious.
– People were still cashing their bets with Sha Samuels. As he had no money left, Samuels paid people with his shoes and various track jackets. He was distraught and half naked by the end.
– A segment announced NXT 2.0’s Chase U would make their NXT UK debut next week. Oliver Carter vs. Rohan Raja was also made official for next Thursday’s episode.
NXT UK Champion Ilja Dragunov defeated Wolfgang to retain his title (15:57)
Wolfgang backed Dragunov into a corner but let him out without any further attack. Dragunov took Wolfgang down with a side headlock but could not take him off his feet with tackles, while Wolfgang put Dragunov down with ease.
A few minutes into the match, Dragunov’s back gave out and he was also bleeding from the elbow. Dragunov went for a running kick, but Wolfgang caught him and slammed him into the corner.
Wolfgang worked over the champion’s back with submission attempts. Dragunov went for a bridge, dodging another attack and collapsing once more. Dragunov fought back, but his back kept giving him major problems.
After a failed attempt, Dragunov finally hit a flying head kick and a knee in the corner. He seemed to have injured his ankle in addition to his back. Dragunov hit a number of elbows and a senton, which did his back no favors.
Wolfgang survived a number of clotheslines, then hit one of his own for a near fall. He hit a Torture Rack into a backbreaker for another two count. Dragunov came back with a falling punch that almost had Wolfgang knocked out, but Wolfgang still kicked out of the subsequent pin.
Dragunov hit a top rope senton that may have injured him more than Wolfgang. He went for Torpedo Moscow, but Wolfgang countered it and hit a caveman toss suplex for another near fall. Wolfgang went for a vaulting spear, but Dragunov kicked him in the face.
Dragunov then deadlifted Wolfgang for a huge slam and followed with Torpedo Moscow for the pinfall victory and successful title defense.
The two competitors shook hands after the match.
Final Thoughts —
The main event was fantastic and Dragunov’s selling of his back was as good as Bryan Danielson’s selling of his head on last night’s AEW Dynamite. Hard-hitting and brutal with great psychology. Go out of your way to watch this one if you can.
Davenport looked strong in her comeback and the tag team match was also fun, mostly due to the big man/little man dynamic and Andrews & Boar, even though Briggs & Jensen didn’t look out of place.
Next Week —
- NXT UK Women’s Champion Meiko Satomura defends against Sarray
- Oliver Carter vs. Rohan Raja
- Chase U make their NXT UK debut